Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Autumn and Blue Heron

A local friend who is infinitely talented has just opened Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary Studio.   For some time now I have been a big proponent of eastern ways over western medical practices so I am very excited to have Blue Heron Acupuncture and Apothecary nearby.

I was honored to be approached to create a logo for Blue Heron and now I am even more honored that they requested me to adorn their walls with some of my art.  A few newer abstracts are hanging, with Water Halos the most recent creation.

Here's a few fragments of thoughts about the ongoing series:
"This series is a continual digestion of the aquatic biomes of near and far. Mediations via memory–sensations encompassing tactile, visual, and intellectual of the waterways and terra. Thoughts of the connections of waterways from high terrain down to the low
country.
Feeding this body of work are many excursions out on a boat and ongoing gathering of information ranging from pollution problems to overfishing; our impact in this natural world. Simply I am trying to find a way to express the beauty that is so elusive in its
usual descriptions."

Stay posted for information about a November 9th Open House!

Water Halos IV, acrylic on canvas, 24" x 36"


Cloud Connection, acrylic on canvas, 18" x 24"

No comments:

Post a Comment